Saturday, November 27, 2010

on the menu

this year thanksgiving at my house was delayed...Beloved and i were up at five am on thanksgiving morning making green bean casserole and candied yams for the soup kitchen in hartford. we got home around 1 pm, collapsed and slept til 5. i like the way this enables our children to meet other obligations with other parts of their families: my son hosted his dad, my oldest daughter went to her brother-in-law's.

but as my kids once told me, it's not really thanksgiving til i cook the turkey dinner. today is my day.

here's what's on the menu:

roast turkey with cranberry-apple-cornbread stuffing
mashed potatoes
gravy
cranberry sauce
baked pineapple butternut squash
string bean casserole
baby peas
crescent rolls, courtesy of mister pillsbury

and for dessert:
apple pie
pumpkin pie
frozen chocolate creams with cherries on top

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

3 comments:

sage said...

The stuffing sounds divine.. would you mind sharing the recipe??

Hope you have a Beautiful Day with lots of Love & Laughter!

Blessings ~
Sage

Shades of Scorpio said...

Mmmm....Annie sounds WONDERFUL!!!! I actually didn't think about peas this year!!! And now I think I'm going to have to make them quite soon!

Kim said...

yum - baked pineapple squash sounds really good - can I get the recipe?
happy thanksgiving to you and yours no matter what day you celebrate