Thursday, January 3, 2008

so, sweet sarah

somewhere in my travels over the last few weeks, i found sarah's song. the sixth track on loreena mckennit's An Ancient Muse cd, its haunting harmonies give me a glimpse of this most elusive of characters...someone who's been waiting her whole life for something to happen... with no idea what it could be.

consequently, the first writing day of 2008 got off to a very happy start - the new prologue came pouring out of my fingers and onto the screen in a record burst. it took Beloved all of five minutes to assess what needed to be fixed. i'm not finished yet, but nearly. playing the song over and over again helps. i'm not sure why. i am quite sure it drives the people around me crazy.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Yes, music stirs my muse as well. But, it needs to be the right music. I'm glad you found your tune. Keep chasing that elusive Sarah!