Thursday, October 15, 2009

blue room

that's what libby came home to.... a very, very blue room, courtesy of my friend, karen nemri, who is - in addition to being a magical painter - an amazing healer and channel. libby's room was finished in what felt to me like a blink...karen refused to let me anywhere near it, so that may have had something to do with it :).

libby's putting it all back together as i type this. i have some painting to do of shelves and mirror frame and bedside table, but its minor compared to how long the room would've taken me. i also need to iron her curtains and wash the bedskirt. eventually, hopefully not before too long, i'll find her a pretty area rug.

however, what's even more astonishing than the magic karen made happen is the snow falling outside and sticking (??!!!) to the lawn. it reminds me of our phantom summer - the one we never had. that was presaged by three extrordinarily hot days in april, almost six months ago to the day. so, until confronted with evidence to the contrary, i choose to believe this unseasonably early snow is just the one taste of winter we're getting. :)

and yes, i plan to keep telling myself that as long as i possibly can.

as my sister once observed... i live in my own little world. and it's okay - they know me here. :)

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Snow! Before Halloween even! In my little world the snow is interrupting my beach fantasy.