Sunday, October 18, 2009

writing as a spiritual path

some years ago, when i first began to embrace my psychic and intuitive abilities, i was somewhat amazed to find how easily things came to me. i could take a class, attend a workshop, read a book or hear a lecture - and wow - i "got" it.

i could find my power animals, i could talk to my spirit guides, i could talk to dead people once i got over the shock. shamanic journeying, guided meditation, sensing the energy of crystals or chakras - no problem. past life regression? easy for me as falling off a log. understanding the energy of trees, animals and rocks... i could do that too. it was almost embarrassing.

a friend asked me once, "when they tell you to see a red seven, do you see a red seven?"

"what shade and how big would you like the seven to be?" i replied.

i knew it was connected to my writing. i knew there was something about the fact i spent so many hours and so many days - since i could read - immersed in another kind of reality, but i didn't know why. i had no language to articulate what i felt in my bones.

then a few days ago, i happened to pick up the book, Writing as a Spiritual Path, and i found my answer. when writing is something you ARE as opposed to something you DO, the writer, author jill jepsen suggests, combines the energies of mystic, monk, shaman and warrior, all rolled together.

i'm looking forward to exploring this book more deeply.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

2 comments:

Kathryn V. Crabbe said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'm also a psychic-medium and a writer/artist and I just kinda fell into the spiritual work as well and also believe it came from many years of painting (and writing) so I understand where you're coming from completely and I haven't yet found too many others who have had this experience!

Sparkly Blessings!
Kathy C.
http://SoulReaderBlog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog. I too am a writer and "Seer. I am going to add a link to your page. I hope you approve. Blessings on your journey.