Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baby baby steps

Today is the day I take care of my grandchildren, I didn't have a chance to do much of anything at all, let alone do anything differently.  I did take a short walk up and down the hill with the kids and the puppies... I pushed Grace and walked Buddy and Jake walked Sam. 

When I got home from delivering them, I decided to do something a little different - I set  my timer and am accomplishing as much as I can accomplish in 22 minutes in different areas of the house.  So far, I've managed to tidy the kitchen, my bedroom and my bathroom, and started a load of laundry.  Now I'm checking through emails to make sure I haven't missed any in the busyness of the last week.  After I catch up on some correspondence, I'm going to take another 22 minutes and spend it putting away clothes, and tidying my writing desk.  These are small steps... but they feel good. 

Today also happens to be Libby's birthday.  It's now official... I'm the mother of four adult children.  More thoughts on that tomorrow....the timer is about to ring. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the idea of small changes each day. I just read an article about one healthy thing we can add to our life each day. This seems managable.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I may have to play with that 22-minute strategy one of these days. :)