Sunday, December 30, 2007

the bigger they are...

...the harder they fall.

for weeks now, i've been feeling the fatigue building in my bones, the kind of bone-weary soreness that only long days spent in bed freed from every obligation can cure. it's a fatigue i've been fending off with baths and naps and teas. since august, i've been running a marathon of family obligations, writing, readings and general tending. i could feel it building, cresting, peaking over christmas. it was only a matter of time, i knew, before some nasty little bug leaped aboard and my body saw the opportunity to collapse.

it's ironic that i should get a chest cold.

do you think maybe Someone is Suggesting i need to stop and catch my breath? ;)

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Yes, do that. Stop and catch your breath. Sleep, dream, cocoon yourself, hibernate - be renewed for a fresh start to a new year!

Anonymous said...

Annie, I hear that!! I am so shot down I feel like a train wreck--all I want to do is sleep! It is the crazy schedule we try to keep, because only we can. I gave in to mine and now I must force myself up and about--until it knocks me down again. Nice blogsite--add mine if you like. I finally got in by typing the site rather than copy/pasting it.

Hugs,

Micki

Kelly said...

Dear Heart, I feel your fatigue. I hardly ever get sick but I relate to the weariness. Since september my work load has doubled and as of January it will triple. On top of that I'm experiencing other troubles and I feel like crawling under the covers and sleeping deeply for days, maybe eating a few high calorie goodies and watching the entire Thorn Birds saga. sigh...