Sunday, April 26, 2009

crazy 8's

my bloggy friend JULS gave me this cute idea. technically its a tag where you pick 8 people - but she passed it along to everyone and so will i. today's my 698th post... so it's a good day for 8's!

8 things i did yesterday:

1. made chicken soup for Beloved and meg, who both have bad summer colds
2. attended the purple rose writers' circle
3. began weeding the gardens
4. re-established diplomatic relations with Beloved, who acknowledged he understood my main issue.
5. picked up some mommy-i-have-a-bad-cold tea for meg at passiflora and spent some time with laura.
6. began to refinish the mirror from my room
7. watched gilmore girls with libby and meg
8. posted two entries on the Angel blog

8 things i wish i could do:

1. fly - no, not really, im afraid of heights.
2. round up all my friends from high school and college, and spend as much time as i wanted to catching up.
3. grow amazing gardens from seed
4. ensure my children will lead happy, healthy, wholesome, productive lives and leave this world a better place than when they entered it.
5. meet the dalai lama
6. sell a new book
7. see my name on the ny times bestseller list
8. leave this world a better place than it was when i entered it.

8 things i'm looking forward to:

1. finishing a project - any project
2. seeing my bedroom all fresh and new
3. not having to watch baby jake three days a week - the old gray mare really isn't at all what she used to be - or maybe it's simply it's more physically tiring to take care of a giant baby than it is to take care of a normal sized one.
4. summer
5. seeing my father
6. pagan study group
7. my radio show with laura this evening
8. catching up on blogs!!!!

8 shows i watch

1. im not sure i can think of 8 shows.
2. jeopardy
3. seinfeld
4. gilmore girls
5. golden girls
6. ghost hunters
7. ghost whisperer
8. i'm sensing a theme - ghosts, girls and smart people.. can you detect any themes in your viewing habits, gentle readers?

here's the "rules" (snicker):

mention the person that tagged you (i did that)
Complete the lists of 8's. (i did that too)
Tag 8 of your wonderful blogger friends...nah, too much work... just like JULS did, i'm tagging EVERYONE! play if you will! happy sunday!

please come give me and laura a listen this evening on blogtalkradio - our topic is the FAIRY REALM.... how to nurture your relationship with these magical nature entities... call in or join our chat and get a free mini-reading...

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

3.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I did this list also a while back. It was a lot of fun. Happy Sunday to you.

Crazee Juls said...

....these lists have turned out to be great sources of snippets of info.... :) Thanks for playing along! have a great Sunday, and a fun talk show w/ Laura this evening

lynette355 said...

i have too much of a sinus headache to imagine any 8 things right now. glad to see you blogging again.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great list, glad the lines of communication have been opened w/you and Beloved.

Grace said...

This is fun! I enjoyed reading.
Have a blessed Sunday, Annie. :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I was just tagged for this over the weekend! My tv list is much like yours!

Unknown said...

what a great list! it was fun to read and fun to do. i posted mine on my blog too.

and i think watching a baby 3 days a week would be SO HARD and i'm not even an old gray mare yet! ;-)

Aunt Julie said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I'm gonna have to think on it a while before I try it, though...BTW, please come by today to help me celebrate Uncle Lynn's birthday. We're having a Birthday Bash AND a giveaway!

DiPaola Momma said...

I almost didn't leave a comment when I saw that you were at 8 comments before me, and that seemed to fitting. BUT I needed to do this... 8 things about Annie that I adore:
1. Her openess with us all
2. The great comments she leaves
3.The way she finds just the right words when you need a little encouragement.
4. That she sees dead people and talks to them. Sometimes I wish I could.
5. Her Celtic graphics on this blog.
6. That she uses the term Beloved.
7. That she does readings, both of cards and her books. I just went to my first book reading, one of my favorite authors, and I'm hooked.
8. That she doesn't hold back who she is.

Thanks Annie!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Darling Annie...........I loved this post. It gave me a little insight into you which of course, is amazing. You are darlin.
Yes, all is well in my universe. I'm feeling so much better these days and you are so thoughtful to check on me. I've just been so busy with my catering which is truly a blessing :)
I hope Beloved and Meg feel much better soon. Sending positive energy your way for them.
Have an extreme weekend and......

Steady On
Reggie Girl