Monday, April 20, 2009

monday mayhem

i survived. five hours with baby jake, two and a half alone. we went grocery shopping, out to michael's to buy a book on glass painting - do any of my Gentle Readers know anything about glass painting? - and ate a lot of animal crackers.

he's starting to lose some of his baby chubbyness, and he definitely needs a haircut. he's also starting to put words together as in.."more cook-cook na-na" ..."bye bye moo-moo" (his name for aunt meg)and "poopoo pup-pup." the rash on his face is back so i mixed up some of the new season's plantago with olive oil in the blender and smeared it on his face. it gave him a definite dennis-the-menace air in shaw's, i thought, not to mention that the faint green tinge on his skin added a certain je ne sais quoi. i tucked a small jar of it in his diaper back for his parents.

this morning i was disappointed to realize it was too cold to paint - i tried putting a coat of dark green on the interior of the book case im moving into my bedroom but it was just too cold. i sorted my sock basket instead. it's raining now and all my good intentions to get stuff done before Beloved's home are evaporating into my mug of hot coffee. the Angels want me to write about exercise. i think i'll go play the piano for a bit first.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

7 comments:

Crazee Juls said...

I'm anxious to know about that "concoction" is that an appropriate term....?? My nephew has a diaper rash that they cannot seem to cure no matter what remedy they try...it may clear up a bit--but he always has it in some form. I know that Baby Jake's rash was on his face, but skin is skin..right?
______
I'd love to paint, but don't know much about it...

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

2 1/2 hours w/Baby Jake is such hard work!! Chuckle, isn't it amazing you did it w/4 kiddos? I hope his rash clears soon, poor fella. Sorry it was to cold to paint. I know zippo about glass painting except it's really cool. I've etched before with a stencil, easy peasey.

Amy said...

What a great job with baby Jake. I hope it warms up so you can paint.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Congrats for making it through those 2 1/2 hours!!
Annie, my 21 year old daughter just announced that she is pregnant. I'm shocked and thrilled at the same time. I wonder if I have the patience anymore you know?? Perhaps I will speak to my friend Bloody Mary about it tonight and see what she thinks, lol.

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Aunt Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great deal of fun! Babies, I know something about. Glass painting? Not so much. But I do love animal crackers!

Kim said...

It was a good day to snuggle inside.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I am wondering would your rash cream work on a rash on a child's bum?