Tuesday, March 18, 2008

putting it all back together

on friday, the painters wiped, swept and packed up, leaving the writing room much more blue and far more clean than when they arrived. my focus for the last few days has been to put my writing room back together. i've painted all the mismatched bookcases to match the woodwork. i've ordered new slipcovers, but to hang the curtains i need new rods. but shopping will have to wait - tomorrow i have to drive down to child support court in pennsylvania, where mister ray is once more claiming poverty. at least all the plants are repotted.

the tempests that seemed to overwhelm me of the last few weeks have subsided - i've yet to decide what to do about my mother, but at least elissa's situation has settled itself and she has removed herself and her chaotic energies. i have a letter to write to the cosi girls, a visit to make to my grandmother. i have books to sort, my altar to re-assemble. Beloved and i are back on kissing terms. i have learned a lot of things about myself i didn't know. even bruised and battered as i feel, this latest walk into the valley of the shadow appears to have been worth it.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Glad to hear you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...