Saturday, June 7, 2008

06-07-08

a date like that comes along once in a century. there are other consecutive dates, of course - every year up to 14 has one. the last will be 12-13-14. what does it mean? well, nothing, of course, unless you WANT it to mean something, like my cousin mike, whose son is getting married today.

today we swelter in the first real heat of summer. the air conditioners are going in - i've already done as much in the gardens today as my continuing to improve knee and the heat will permit. i plan to visit my grandmother and take meg and libby out to lunch.

the remodeling project is staring in me in the face and it's a little scary, considering i also have a graduation/21st birthday party to plan. jamie has graduated from uconn, meg is turning 21 in july. the fact that my brother is visiting at the end of june suggests the perfect opportunity to celebrate both. so there's guest lists to plan, menus to think about, deorations and accutrements to consider.

on top of that my angel workshop is just two weeks away.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

yep, we're sweltering here too. we did so yesterday as well.

Luna said...

I chose my wedding date because 56 is my lucky number. It was on 5-6-00.