Saturday, July 19, 2008

california, here i come

...less than 12 hours from now, i will be on an airplane winging my way to west.

i really hate to fly.

flying - especially across time zones - is hard on my body - so hard that i, who generally eschews any kind of processed pharmasceutical supplement, travels with a veritable pharmacoepia of prescribed drugs and over-the-counter herbal remedies. i'm even confident i have more drugs in my suitcase than choice of tops.

but california is where my daddy is, and my father is too sick to travel any more. and so, off i go.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Blessings and safe travels.

Patti Gibbons said...

DO NOT put your pharmaceuticals in your luggage. Carry it on. I know of people whose drugs were stole out of their suitcase!

My mom may be in the hospital too. It is hard to be in the space we are in now, that I am far better prepared for it than I was 30 years ago when my father died.

May love, comfort and strength be with you...you brave woman!~

patti

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a safe trip and comfort when you see your dad.