Monday, December 8, 2008

3500 more

a lively discussion and lots of suggestions from the writers' circle and presto chango, i have 3500 words and one and a half more chapters. and these are GOOD words, not perfect words by any means, but GOOD words, words that move the story and the characters along with ease.

this story has flow... the best flow i've felt in ages and ages, a flow that feels natural and relaxed. i was wondering how to flesh out the bares bone of it, and after only a few days rumination, as opposed to weeks, at times, the story's spilled out like the seeds of a pomegranate.

it has occured to me that this is the first fiction i've attempted since my grandmother died, the first book she will not see. it is also the thirteenth novel i will submit, giving me yet another combination of 1 and 3 to spiral through weave.

i doubt i will do much with it today. it's a baby jake day, a let's get some laundry done if we can day, and a food-shopping day. i have ground meat defrosting in the fridge - its a meat loaf day, too.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

8 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I finished my stash of pomegranate last night. I love this fruit!

I did my laundry yesterday, during football.

Mmmm ... meatloaf. Can't remember the last time I had meatloaf. I'm shopping today and I see some nice ground beef in my future! Pomegranates too. And clementines. See? There *are* some things I love about this season!

And - yay for GOOD words!

Enjoy Baby Jake!

Abounader Photography said...

I'm sayin hey from Roll Call on SITS! Mornin!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ok, why is meatloaf so good? just thought i'd ask. thx for stopping by my blog today!

lynette355 said...

12 books lord i did not know
i have to look into you better
amazing

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so happy for you to have flow in your writing.
It sounds like a busy day, wishing you flow w/Baby J and your chores too.
Did I tell you how delighted (starstruck and nervous too!) I was to chat w/you and Laura Rose last week? Thank you so much for your kind words about my attempts to live with mindful intention. God/dess bless.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hello again, I tagged you for a Meme, please see my blog if you would like to play along. Many thanks, Martha

Judy Vars said...

Annie,
Does it help to count the words when writing a novel? Your day sounds like my day, laundry shopping and meat loaf only I made beans and rice.
Keep writing and inspiring us.
Judy

Nadya said...

Don't you love it when words flow?! & I enjoyed your comment about how fullfilling your writing is!
(I had to go cut into my pomagranate, reading W i t Woods comment!)
My mama made such good meatloaf - & a bistro in town does an awesome one with pesto - yum!!!