Wednesday, December 17, 2008

fifty very random things about me

i was tagged (sort of) by Veggie Mom .... so here you go ... i've been writing and recuperating from my whirlwind weekend... my word count's up to nearly 23,500 words, and my laundry is nearly done!

1. Do you like cheese? no - i despise cheese. the smell alone mostly makes me gag.

2. Have you ever smoked? it's not a question of if, it's a question of what and why.

3. Do you own a gun? NO. NEVER. until the day comes when i am forced to hunt my own food, guns, as far as i can tell, are agents of chaos that exist only to inflict serious injury and damage on living creatures. i don't think they should be necessary and therefore i choose to live as if they aren't.

4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? sometimes...depends on my mood and the song

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? i don't go to doctors unless i know i need a legal drug.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? they head the category: don't ask, don't tell.

7. Favorite Christmas song? every year i have a new one.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? cream with coffee.

9. Can you do push ups? i can do eleven boy pushups.

10. Who is your favorite Grey's Anatomy Character? from the little ive watched the show, they all seem pretty whiny to me.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? at the moment, my grammy's moonstone ring.
12. Favorite hobby? doing nothing

13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? steak and potatoes are exotic somewhere, right?
14. Do you have A.D.D.? could you repeat the question? i wasn't listening.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? ive learned its counterproductive to hate anything about myself.

16. Middle Name? benedette. (ben-eh-dett) it's the feminine form of benedict. it means blessed.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? my coffee got cold while answering these question, i wonder what else i should blog about, and oh, what a cute puppy buddy is!

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? food, christmas presents and books.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? i don't drink that regularly anymore!!

20. Current worry right now? getting everything done i want to get done by next week and running out of steam in my novel.

21. Current hate? its too early in the morning to hate anything.

22. Favorite place to be? right here

23. How did you bring in the New Year? last year's new year? whatever i did worked!

24. Where would you like to go? the top of the new york times bestseller list

25. Name three people who will complete this? me myself and i

26. Do you own flip flops? do bears shit in the woods?

27. What shirt are you wearing? a long sleeve brown cotton undershirt and a tie-dyed brown, green and pink sweatshirt.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? i'm afraid i'm a natural fiber snob especially when it comes to sheets. i prefer all cotton, and a threadcount between 350 and 600. 400 is ideal.
29. Can you whistle? surprisingly well.

30. Favorite color? all of them

31. Would you be a pirate? i AM a pirate. i'm just doing my best to blend in.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? i dont sing in the shower... that's where the angels talk to me.

33. Favorite girl's name? olivia

34. Favorite boy's name? james

35. What's in your pocket right now? i dont have pockets right now.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? libby

37. Best bed sheets as a child? my ballerina sheets.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? my elbow injury in krav class this past june... sigh.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5

41. Who is your loudest friend? most of my friends are content to speak softly and carry very large and heavy handbags.

42. How many dogs do you have? two

43. Does someone have a crush on you? i hope not. unrequited love is such a waste of energy.
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? To my mother's everlasting exasperation, NO

45. What is your favorite book? my arthurian encylcopedia. i couldn't be without it right now..

46. What is your favorite candy? Anything with caramel.

47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? i didn't know fresh prince had a theme song.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? springsteen's promised land

49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? dreaming

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? how much did it snow??

and furthermore, the war must end... blessed be!

7 comments:

lynette355 said...

Question 51. Do you have a personal saying or quote?
mine is "there is always time to dance?!"
loved reading your 50.

Unknown said...

hm... probably... that which does not kill us makes us strong. :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great list, I love that you're a pirate blending in and I'm a cotton sheet snob too.

Neal and Lisa Gersony said...

Thanks for the welcome. I'll check out your stuff as well.

Kim said...

Learned a few things. I love reading your answers.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Funny ... I stopped reading at the ADD question! After chucklng at your response of course.

Unknown said...

Visiting from SITS.
I'm sorry you don't like cheese. My life would be sad and depressing if cheese did not exist.