Friday, December 12, 2008

my surreal morning

i was going to title this post "full moon in gemini" but realized i'm just going to write about the effects of it, instead. i woke up this morning to find that so soundly asleep was i last night - the benefits of a full day - i missed my stepdaughter getting herself arrested. she's out on bail now, but it's clear her temper got the better of her. what's sad is that this child has not had a good role model, and so she's behaving the way she believes her mother behaves. or, at least the way her mother behaves towards her.

i'm hoping that some court-ordered anger management classes might have some sort of salubrious effect...at this point i doubt it could hurt.

the phone is dead...the cable's all screwed up to the point that becky quick on squawkbox is talking about knitting, not the collapsing financial markets. all the channels are like that. at one point a guy with big ears, a dazzling white shirt and a large chart, had brooke sheild's voice coming out of his mouth about german engineering and routan babies.

astronomically, this is one of the biggest and brightest full moons of the year, and thus, i think it's affect on us is doubled. that it happens to come in gemini, quicksilver, mercurial, the chaotic agent of change - seems to be tripling its effect. and here it comes, in the darkest part of the year, on the very threshold of the solistice. our topic next month at pagan study group is paradox - i think there's one happening all around us right now.

the darker the shadow, the brighter the light. i believe, i believe, i believe.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

12 comments:

Dina said...

oh lady moon was just awe inspiring last night!! My son loves to watch her and he made a wish on her brightness last night (he wants a lion). I also got to cleans my new snowflake obsidian sphere in her light. I can't wait to go meditate with it. Even in the store it was sending me some powerful messages and that was before I cleansed it.

Heather said...

The full moon explains so much. Especially the fact that my children have all lost their minds temporarily.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm sorry, Annie and I hope your stepdaughter gets it together before she makes more crappy decisions.
I am reminded of the old story of the two brothers at their alcoholic father's funeral. One brother is an alcoholic and the other is a teetotaler. The teetotaler says to the drinker, "Why do you drink?"

"Because Dad did. Why don't you drink?" asks the alcoholic.

"Because Dad did".

All a matter of choices...

Onto our glorious Moon, boy, she is really showing off and enjoying herself despite the havoc wrecked upon us mortals. It was a Luckenbach Moon, like in the Hondo Crouch/Jerry Jeff Walker spoken poem.

Thank you so much for your support and comments on my blog, my sadness stems from my frustration at the inadequacy of my senses to feel and hear my brother fully.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your stepdaughter;
Folks don't do just what they aughter;
Specially when the moon is full;
Our inner tides can feel the pull.

Both dark and light, both fast and slow;
It's hard to know which way to go;
Relax and let the currents flow;
For as above is as below.

(A bit from my Book of Bad Poetry )

Anonymous said...

Wow. Quite the morning you slept through.

I hope your stepdaughter makes it through this phase. It's so tough when you see young people who are basing their decisions on role models that you know are not good -- but typically by the time they are in their teens or twenties it is not anything easily fixed. They have to recognize the problem and fix it on their own.

Kim said...

Blessings to your step daughter!

The Skinny B said...

I am ready to take some moon pictures tonight. Maybe the moon has something to do with this skull splitting headache I have had all day. I know you can sympathize with that. Blessings. B

Aunt Julie said...

Yup, the Full Moon is out and is SO BRIGHT! I have to believe it has a lot to do with a lot of things. Good luck straightening everything out!

Patti Gibbons said...

Hmm....as my therapist says, it is part of her path and part of her learning. You have to see it as a necessary part of her journey. Nothing you can do about it except keep positive and be a good role model when she is around.

It is a difficult subject, as my own daughter has a lot of anger issues... they stem from many venues, hopefully while she is on her journey, she will get it.

I think I finally have or am at least working on it!

xxp

Mindy said...

It's horrible to say, but I'm glad that there is a REASON that nothing is going well around here. I mean NOTHING!

I'm so glad that you've just been too busy to do our reading... I was starting to think it was sooooo bad that you didn't want to break it to us!

Really that's how my life has been going lately...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

... brighter ... darker ... eh - as long as I can perceive either I figure I'm doing pretty darn good!

:D

Dee said...

Itwas a beautiful moon here too, thanks for stopping by!