Tuesday, December 2, 2008

vindication




it doesn't come often, but when it does, it's sweet.

my kids think i dress funny. maybe i do. i dress pretty much the way i've dressed since college - jeans, sweatshirts, turtlenecks, sweaters. and sometimes, bright red boots.

the bright red boots seem to upset my children. some have threatened not to appear in public with me while wearing them.

however, just this morning libby told me that in the very center of page 59 in the winter 2009 issue of TEEN magazine, no less, is a picture of MY boots. my very red-jumping-in-puddles-boots. i think i'll cut it out and carry it in the purse they used to make fun of before the style became the height of fashion.

7 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

You Rock, You're Hip, You Trendsetter, YOU!

Anonymous said...

I love those boots!

Kim said...

I love those boots! My kids just wish they had the confidence to wear (or act) the way they want. I say go for it! Hope to see you at Rose's tomorrow.

sage said...

I saw these boots and almost bought them too!! They are just the Cutest Things.. Ever!

John E White said...

Now, boots like that should be framed as a work of art:)

lynette355 said...

PERFECT
YOU ARE TOO COOL FOR WORDS

Patti Gibbons said...

I figured eventually what I wear will be in fashion, or back in fashion.
The joy of being a crone, you don't CARE what others think! The boots rock! xp