Sunday, January 10, 2010

decisions, decisions

i've picked my tops, i've picked my bottoms. i've got ten pairs of underwear...most of which i could go to the hospital in and not be embarrassed. i've got sandals and walking shoes, a sweat shirt that can double as a sweater, two dresses that will double as beach cover-ups. miraculously, everything goes with everything (more or less) else. life in my world, right now, is good.

i had to buy a suitcase today. the little one i wanted to take just wasn't going to hold everything and leave room for souvenirs. because we're stopping in san francisco both ways, i need an extra season's worth of clothes. i have a couple small gifts for my daddy.

my laptop's ready, but this time im not dragging a lot of books with me. im bringing my manuscripts, and some notes from my co-writer, karen, but that's about it. i even decided to buy my reading material at the airport.

tomorrow and tuesday im planning to finish packing, and to give the house a good going-over. i want to come home to a clean house, and that's much more likely to happen if i leave it in the condition in which i want to find it.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!! Love Hawaii and SF!