Monday, April 28, 2008

work is the Word

...for the day according to my book of daily meditations, and i have a lot of it to do. the energy of this season is propelling me forward into a mad rush of days. the upcoming weeks are shaping up to be uncommonly busy.

one of the activities for which i must prepare is a two day "retreat" into writing and creativity. going anywhere for me, automatically represents not a withdrawal from the world, but an invasion into it.

it's been a long time since i have sought out the company of fellow-writers in the flesh. my interactions with my kind are largely confined to the cybercommunity, who form a kind of communal watering hole where i can go and sip my fill in the comfort of my own keyboard.

but the season demands a fresh approach, a new experience, a push into uncharted and unknown territory. and so, i prepare to go to a place called Wisdom House... feeling quite the Fool.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

i too am a hermit and the only true retreat for me is here at home, preferably in the woods and alone.

i hope your new experience helps form your new intention!

and a fool you are not, although feeling like one once in a while does keep one humble. you have much wisdom to share, and the Wisdom House will be wiser having had you there.