Monday, August 4, 2008

unexpected pause

the day begins with a short meditation and a silence broken only by birdsong and buddy's barks. Beloved met an early-morning client, libby is sound asleep. meg, who came home for chicken soup and a night in her own bed, has already left. the air is crisp, but the leaves are still. the faintest veil of mist drifts off the pond.

today is a day to get things done, a day for laundry and sweeping, weeding and working. i have dust bunnies to chase, a mountain of towels to confront, fox tail, mugwort and sweet annie running rampant in the gardens. the builders will be here soon - today, with its low humidity and fair skies so far - looks to be a good one for drywalling. meg and baby jake will come later; my car's going in to the shop to get the front bumper fixed - at last. i think i'll make pot-pie for dinner with all the chicken from the soup Beloved made last night.

my grandmother's battery of tests begins this morning.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

2 comments:

Shades of Scorpio said...

Your morning meditations just sound so wonderful!!! You inspire me to if not do the same, just at least think about it as a possibility.

The Skinny B said...

Where can i find some sweet annie for my garden? You gave me some at the Purple Rose once but I have forgotten the metaphysical properties. I love it though. Any ideas.
Bethany