Thursday, March 12, 2009

balance in motion

in the last three days, i've edited three chapters. its been a slow, sentence-by-sentence struggle at some points. as one gentle reader noted, indeed, it IS getting to the meat of the story - through a character who likes to keep secrets. or maybe, to be fair, it's not she LIKES keeping secrets so much as she feels she HAS to keep them.

i've also managed to keep up reasonably well with the laundry, plan the week's radio show, and make some headway with my decorating projects. i found some BEAUTIFUL fabrics ON SALE at the hoity toity fabric shop in the next town over. i can't WAIT to get this all done. i have a list for the rest of the bathroom and the bedroom to take to home depot with Beloved on Sunday for a little early st patrick's day parting with the green.

i've resisted the Urge to Blog - mostly by commenting here and there when the Urge strikes me. i've also planned by SuperAwesome Spring Giveaway - in the spirit, if not the actual participation in - the SITS' girls' Spring Fling.

so while the weather seesaws and the light lengthens, and old man winter makes one last stand ... what are you all up to, gentle readers?

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

16 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

... I'm up to no good! :)

Lea said...

Decorating! I love to decorate!!

I already have your button, but I grabbed your new one about the radio show and while I've been a reader of yours for a bit now, for some reason I wasn't "following" you on the follow thing (though I follow you on my own!)So, I'm signed up there now too...

I'd love to win your spring basket! Going to blog over on my site too.. will leave comment when I do.

Thanks for being there for me annie, you're pretty special.

Lea said...

I've blogged your spring fling.. http://wisprnsoul.blogspot.com/2009/03/back-in-game.html

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I played along with the Spring Fling too. I didn't win a thing but it was fun!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am up to working, playing in the garden, blogging, and ta-da, writing you a Limerick! I couldn't resist and thank you for your lovely limerick to moi! I hope you enjoy-

My dear friend is sometimes called Granny

But I just know her as Annie

From her head to her toes

And even her nose

Talent she's got out the fanny

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Sounds like you've been busy this week.

I'm trying to catch up on emails and comments since the SITS Spring Fling set me back a little, but in a good way. I had so much fun.

Amy said...

I have been washing clothes, cleaning house, and taking care of a crabby little one. Can't wait for the weekend. Glad to hear your writing is going well.

Grace said...

"old man winter makes one last stand" ha-ha-ha...
You are so busy... I feel that way a lot, too. :)

lynette355 said...

you so dedicated
i bet you have in a good supply of coffee and chocolate.
keep it up!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You resisted the urge to blog? Amazing. Is commenting the secret? I am going to give it a try.

Just look at all that you are able to accomplish while away from the computer. I dare to dream!

-Francesca

Bonnie said...

Well I'm hopefully back for good. As you know medical issues still prevail, but I have missed you and my other blogger friends. I will be spending some time trying to catch up on some of the blogs I've missed.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am up to taking my daughter all over creation for the 50,000 Irish dance performances we have over the next week!

April said...

Hi Annie~
I missed your post somehow...not quite sure how it happened! Sure sounds like things are plugging right along in your corner of the world. As for me, I have another track meet to attend tomorrow for Brittany. The weather is going to be cold and rainy...not much fun, but I'll make due, one way or another! Enjoy your weekend!

Your giveaway sounds pretty AMAZING! :)

John E White said...

Like you, Annie ... I'm editing. Word by word - line by line. I'm hoping the agent likes it when it's finished.

Crazee Juls said...

I have to say, I've been up to everything that I have to be up to, and nothing that I want to... but tomorrow that will change when we head out of town for a few days... :-)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You sound like you are being very productive!! Can't wait for your giveaway.