Saturday, March 21, 2009

morning has broken

"... like the first morning, blackbird has spoken like the first bird..."

the sun rose today to a cacophony of birdsong, and i swore it sounded like they knew it was the first dawn of spring. the puppies sniffed after bunny-scent and would've been delighted to roll in the dew.

this morning i baked gluten-free brownies for our open house today at the Purple Rose. later this afternoon, laura and i are being interviewed by journalist colin mcenroe for what i believe will be a television documentary on the paranormal in new england.

i put the finishing touches on the first two chapters of my story. the Angels are calling me to give Them some attention, so i expect to turn my attention to that manuscript in the next three weeks. but today is a beautiful day and the fairies are calling.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

12 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I love that song Annie!!
I hope your open house is a big smash and I want to read your book (it is a book isn't it??). Make sure that you let me know when it's published okay?
Take good care and........

Steady On
Reggie Girl

lisa lind said...

Yes, "Morning has broken," I saw a robin today! Wooohoooo! It's officially spring! :o)

Amy said...

I thought Spring was suppose to come. We got a very light dusting of snow today.

Martha said...

Yeah JULS!! Have fun today at your open house.

Spirit said...

Blessings on this beautiful day. Hope you had a great open house.
B

I am Harriet said...

Hey Annie.
How's the keyboard doing after the coffee thing? Thanks for stopping by. :)

April said...

It's absolutely gorgeous here today, too, Annie! Welcome SPRING!

Lynette said...

spent the day at the botanical gardens in san antonio tx beautiful

Veggie Mom said...

This is a beautiful hymn. I especially like Cat Stevens' version. Always makes me think of Spring!

Walk in the Woods said...

How was the interview?

HAHAHahahahaHAHAHahahaha!!!!!!

Happy, happy, happy day my friend!

Six Feet Under Blog said...

It was a beautiful day here for Spring. Let me know when your story is done!

Kathy said...

Isn't it lovely?

I think I'll plant something.