Thursday, August 13, 2009

pitter-patter, pitter-patter

when i was little, one of my favorite poems was about the rain, that "falls on umbrellas here, and on the ships at sea." i have to confess that i really don't mind rainy days.

i like the sound of falling rain. there's lot of things you can't do in the rain, and so - whether or not this is actually true - to me a rainy day always feels like there's less i HAVE to do.

if only that were true today.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

3 comments:

lynette355 said...

sound of rain on a tin roof
always one that can lull me to sleep

April said...

I could sit and listen to the rain falling for hours on end. Music to my ears!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Even after the soggy the spring that we had, I welcome the soft rain of today. It is cool enough to justify turning on the oven ... and baking a cake!