Friday, October 3, 2008

inching in increments

my cozy little corner in my bedroom has made me very happy. i have a place to hide things like hand cream and foot cream, and a place to stack my reading material without it spilling all over the floor. i can snuggle up and read or write at the end of every day and i like that. i even have a place to stash a shawl, an accessory i find increasingly necessary as the evening air chills.

yesterday i gave some thought to organizing the kitchen. i was forced into it, actually, because Beloved is chomping at the bit to put away things in the new cabinets, a dangerous situation potentially. i could very well find him sitting on the kitchen floor at any moment, happily emptying items willy-nilly in a system of organization understood only by him.

one of the first things i did yesterday was to make labels for most of the drawers and cabinets so if he is seized by an uncontrollable urge to unpack, at least he will have some idea of where i want things put.

this morning, i plan to tackle some of the mess in my writing room, as well as continue to re-organize and clean the kitchen. libby has a doctor's appointment at one - and alas i face another argument over the HPV vaccine. it's not that i don't want her protected, its that i don't want her to be in the generation of guinea pigs. after all, can we say "DES?"

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too hate the HPV vaccine question. It's just to scary to agree to be a guinea pig. DES baby DES (wink).

Unknown said...

LOLOL ... allison, you are too damn funny!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Glad you have that cozy corner. Funny - the contingency cabinet labels! And yeah - HPV vaccine makes me crazy. Pisses me off is what it does.

Shades of Scorpio said...

I agree Annie ~ my girl is not getting any further vaccinations unless I feel its warranted. Who knows if she was pushed into her petit mal seizures due to vaccines to begin with.

This is one of those 'viruses' where prevention is so incredibly accessible.

Now getting the gals to mind their bodies so that they aren't exposed it another story....

Darling And So Charming said...

Well done! I stumbled on here and am glad I did. Bookmarking this:)