Sunday, October 5, 2008

sleepy sunday

i woke in the dark to the sound of falling rain, a sound that augers well for naps, but not a day spent reading cards at the new hartford arts festival. by one-thirty, chilled to the bone, i packed it in. not that i like being a quitter, but as the song says, you got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

around 230, the sun came out and libby and i took the puppies for a deliberate march up and down the drive. now Beloved is putting a new coat of paint on the new dining room and i am thinking that that nap idea i had at 6 AM still sounds pretty good.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

2 comments:

Darling And So Charming said...

I LOVE sleeping while it rains. I've even gone to sleep early just so I could enjoy the rain before it stopped.

Tarot cards? My friend does rune readings but she moved to Minnesota. Now I can call her and have her do a reading for me over the phone. I need to take her up on that.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It was that sort of day . . . yet my dozing came later, closer to evening . . . on the couch . . . watching a 1938 double feature . . . Lagosi and Karloff. I love October!