Saturday, October 18, 2008

pain in the neck

i was awakened at one-thirty by the light of the moon shining in my bigger window, and a literal pain in the neck. i tossed and turned about an hour, then surrendered to the sleeplessness. what else to do but get up and blog?

by lamplight, the living room walls look the color of the perfect ratio of coffee to cream in my morning mug. i take a few measurements - the whole room is so off-kilter that i see my plan needs tweaking. the general shape of my floorplan still stands, but i see that the placement of the tv and the bookcases may require some adjusting.

brad, baby jake's father, is coming tomorrow afternoon to help Beloved bring in the cupboard and the table. on tuesday, the countertops are being installed, and next week joe and mike the builder men will begin my shelves. finally... there will be Places to Put Things.

i'm amassing a huge pile of Stuff To Give Away... clothes, books, small household things. (yes, allison - i agree - freecycle is the best!) it feels good to clear things out, even as the mess and the progress of its movement appears glacial at times.

warm milk and cinnamon are making me sleepy. it's time to go back to bed.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

2 comments:

Kim said...

it sounds like renovations are wrapping up. Hope the the pain is gone and you have a wonderful week end.

Shades of Scorpio said...

Annie that is one of my favorite things to do if I am not in bed where I should be! After midnight blogging is so nice...its quiet, reflective....and in a small way I end up feeling like I'm up for the challenge of staying awake the whole next day (an excuse to visit my coffeeroaster neighbor Bill, and have that 2nd cup of coffee with conversation!)

Hope your pain is gone. Unless perhaps it was more a manifestation of something you needed to address...and maybe you've done that even by blogging in the wee hours!