Thursday, October 23, 2008

what i did today

my mostly sleepless night put a serious crimp in my plan to carry through with my mother's vigorous approach to dirt. however, i did manage to clean out my bathroom cupboard, under-sink area and the plastic shoe caddy that hangs on the back of the door. (in case anyone is wondering, i don't keep shoes in it - i keep toiletries like aspirin and bandaids and tums. this is so Beloved doesn't have to bellow for me to come and find stuff for him.)

i also straightened up my closet and my shoes, and got my bedroom completely vacuumed. it is nice to feel the house slowly coming together but i really wish i hadn't lost so much sleep.

i had an interesting experience last night as i was dressing for the Rainbow Bridge - i was joined by the strong energy of a woman who died fairly young and was an extremely stylish person - far more so than i am, apparently. she insisted i wear an outfit of her choosing - right down to earrings, perfume and lipstick. if i owned any makeup, she'd've wanted me to wear that. it was fun to see how someone else - even a dead someone else - would put my clothes together. i also kept seeing a lot of A's and E's... and lo and behold, just about everyone who attended had a first name that began with an A or an E.

i am woefully behind on catching up with blogs and emails - thank you to all the gentle readers who are writers of other blogs and who i haven't visited or returned a comment to in Quite a While. i AM thinking of you and reading your blogs - but when i've tried to write something witty or pithy or both... my mind sort of freezes up. i'm feeling better, though, since so much of the mess is getting put away or thrown away. i've been remiss at returning calls, too... i expect to catch up on those next week.

i've decided this next month to do a non-fiction version of NaNoWriMo. that's the nationwide contest where you challenge yourself to write the first draft of a novel in a month. i'm really feeling that the Angel Way book is demanding to be written, not outlined. i hope the discipline of NaNoWriMo will inspire me to get the first draft done by december. i'm thinking it would be very possible given that i don't have to do thanksgiving for a cast of thousands this year.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

5 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Go! Go! Annie go NaNoWriMo! :D

Kim said...

I hope the muscle you pulled is better. It must feel wonderful having all that cleaned out. It's amazing how much we collect. Keep up the good work and enjoy your newly cleaned, renovated home.

Kathy said...

A shoe bag! What a brilliant idea!

I can't wait for the Angel book. I've got some recipes for you. :)

The Skinny B said...

Sounds like it is al coming together. Thanks for the herbal advice for FB. I will drop Rose a line. I needed the help of a Sage Wise Woman.

John E White said...

Thanks for the good wishes. By the way 'A' and 'E' - pure coincidence, of course, but my parents were Albert and Edith. Sounds like you're in the mood to steam ahead with writing ideas - go for it!