Thursday, May 21, 2009

rolling with the punches

i heard from my agent regarding the partial submission i sent in last january and she was lukewarm, but honest, at best. it's okay because for right now, i want to focus on the Angel proposal, and if she'd been positive, i may have been attractively distracted. aren't the Angels good to keep me on task?

we have a few tweaks to make to the proposal, and there's a chapter to be written, and an introduction to be edited, but for the most part, we are in good shape. i think we're going to meet our self-imposed deadline of june 20... the first day of summer seems like a good karma day.

as i've been lying on the couch staring up at the ceiling, babying my neck, i am reminded that every obstacle, every set-back, every challenge isn't meant to stop us... its there to show us how much we really want something.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

9 comments:

Grace said...

It sounds exciting, Annie. I hope and pray that you will be successful with your Angel. :)
You are my role model and inspiration. :)

MaricrisG said...

Amen to that! It shouldn't stop us but should make us push forward more. Wish everything turns out good! Keep us posted. Miss coming here...

Allison said...

To paraphrase Nietzsche, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Good for you for persevering. Just keep breathing and you will be fine.

T.M. Curzon-Manners said...

Encouraging words there Annie about every setback being there to show how much we want something. I feel my strength renewed because of it.

Keep up the wonderful work, you are an inspiration.

Kim said...

My kids have also learned that a trip to the book store will gain them much more than any other request.

I don't mind the sex movies but the horror flicks for young ones is another story. Youngest had nightmares for years from the movies bio let her watch. I'd much have her walk around in black boots and get in touch with her sexuality.

When I was single I used to eat dinner with Ben & Jerry.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Ain't that the truth!

(sending you love)

lynette355 said...

i am always amazed at how much up do. i am so encouraged by the way you set goals and meet them time and time again. and how you are always can get so many projects up and off the ground.

Debie Napoleon said...

Just stoppy by to say "hi" and that I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Unknown said...

that's a great attitude. it will all work out in the end. :-)

sending you love and hoping your neck feels better.