Saturday, May 23, 2009

summer rain

i love the sound of summer rain. it woke me early, a steady drumbeat on the rhododendron leaves, punctuated by trills and chirps. Beloved and i are looking forward to a three-day weekend.

the girls are going to a coldplay concert tonight with brad and kate - leaving baby jake in the care of my son, uncle jamie. i don't think he's ever had sole charge of his nephew for any length of time and baby jake is squarely in terrible-two country. im thinking i should probably stay close to a phone.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

6 comments:

Laura Rose said...

And lock your front door!!! :)

Crazee Juls said...

LOL'ing at Laura. I love coldplay, Lucky them! :)
It looks like it could rain here...putting a damper on Hannah's Swimming plans...but we need the rain badly!

Amy said...

Oh I love the rain also.

April said...

Have fun at that Coldplay concert...I wanna go, too! :) I could listen to the rain for hours on end!

highlandwriter said...

hi annie -- i love the rain!!! isn't summer rain the sweetest??

blessings to you & have a safe & happy memorial day weekend.

:-)

elizabeth--
(highlandwriter/giraffe_angel)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Uncle Jamie may decide to delay having children of his own, lol! It's been rainy here too and rather than be depressing I've found sooo calming and nice.

Have a restful weekend!