Saturday, May 16, 2009

what to do, what to do

my dilemma about whether to go to the festival - or not - was resolved when i found a way to contact the coordinators. fortunately, this particular festival is run by the most go-with-the-flow folks in the world - and hopefully next year, i will be able to join them.

so today i stayed home and laid low - i planted a few things, weeded a few beds, and mostly restrained myself from grabbing the clippers and the pruners. mostly.

i picked up my sunshine-yellow beetle from the garage where its been on the sick-and-injured list - sort of like me - for the past week or so since meg scraped its bottom over a bump.

i iced my neck - a lot - but didn't need either ibuprofen or the muscle relaxer, which meant i felt a lot less sleepy than i have the past few days.

tomorrow im supposed to go to wethersfield and meet with my research assistant on the angel book - which seems to be coming along almost of its own volition. i suspect i probably will go - the Angel project is something i really want to finish, and wethersfield isn't quite the hike that oxford is.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I may grab the clippers this morning, since thunderstorms followed by a heavy rain are in the forecast for today.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm happy to hear your neck is feeling better! Don't overdo it!!! I hurt my back last week and only by NOT doing my usual routine was I able to let it heal itself in record time. It's hard though, lol!

I'm sorry you missed your festival, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Angel project!!! Hugs and healing wishes!

lynette355 said...

SLOW and easy girl
going to be back down if not

good to hear on the angel book
just dont do too much at one time

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I loved how when folks learned that you would not be there to teach your workshop, there first reaction was to wish you well and send you healing. I loved that two folks offered impromptu workshops for those gathered. I am glad you were able stay home, to mend and heal. See you sooooooon!