Friday, July 10, 2009

christmas in july

...at least that's how cold it felt this morning when i woke up shivering at five thirty am. even a morning cuddle didn't warm me more than superficially - sitting here, im wearing the same fuzzy sweats i do in december.

where's summer, i hear everyone ask.

i bought some lavender yesterday, and some pots to grow it in. i've figured out how to solve my difficulty getting lavender to grow through the winter, i told the nice lady who gave me my discount. yeah, she asked, how? im planting it in these pots and hauling it inside when it gets cold, i answered.

if it stays like this, i may not even take it out.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

5 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Did you read me facebook status? :)

April said...

Sweats in July? That's crazy! I might be sweating, but no sweats for me! Hope it warms up soon!

Amy said...

We have rain and wind today. Pretty crazy. I am not sure what happen to Summer this year either.

Kathy said...

We have summer. Maybe we can send some of this heat and humidity your way.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Lavender! I would also love to be wearing sweats right now! We are supposed to hit 112 on Sunday!