Wednesday, July 15, 2009

pond house pretty

this is the toile for the curtains. i found it at a fabric sale a couple years ago adn bought it because i just couldn't resist the price - $10.00 for just over 10 yards.


this is my grandmother's cupboard that i intend to paint. i haven't quite decided on a color yet, though i'm leaning toward the same buttercream as the cabinets in the same glossy finish. then i'll stencil some pretty combination of leaves and flowers and ivy in the same tones as the floor and counters.



this is the latest arrangement of rainbow glass. when the sun comes streaming through the skylights, the colors just glow:



these are two of my favorite things from my grandmother's house - her rocking chair, or "nanny's rocker" as she herself called it, and my mother's piano, bought for her by my great-grandfather. my grandmother kept it as a sort of hostage all these years after my mother's fall from the family grace. (don't weep for my mother, by the way, she just kept the piano my father bought for me.) i like these two pieces side by side, under the assortment of photos of all six of our kids. it's like they've found a place where they both belong at last.

7 comments:

Amy said...

How nice. Did I miss why it is called a pond house?

April said...

The pretty fabric and cupboard are my favorites. Your kitchen is to die for! What treasures you have, Annie!

Granny M said...

I have an award for you on my blog!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Lovely rocker, cabinet, and piano. Great price on the toile.

Bonnie said...

Loved all the pictures and all the lovely family heirlooms. I, too, have items that have been passed down and the kids can't wait to inherit them from me. Your house is beautiful.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh that is the most fabulous $1/yd fabric ever! And ... I have to say it ... someone is getting quite comfortable with her camera! :D See you soon!

Kathy said...

Your kitchen is beautiful. I realized that the tiles and counters are the same color as mine.