Friday, July 10, 2009

the zen of surrender

i received a letter today, from my former business associate. she sent me a copy of the contract we signed lo these many months ago, as well as a nasty little kiss-off of a letter. for someone who espouses the Ways of Love-n-Light... the lack of caring - not to mention integrity - revealed by her actions are making more people than me realize that the brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

i think it was milton who so eloquently described hypocrisy as the "only evil which walks invisible, except to God alone."

its times like these that it comforts me to remember that my ex-husband, whose history is frighteningly similiar to my ex- associate's, and whose profession is exactly the same, now spends his time in a crayon factory putting rainbows into little boxes.

more than one person remarked today on the autumnal edge in the air today, sharp as kali-ma's blades, cold as hecate's breath. the light had a kind of crystalline clarity that seemed to shine in every corner, under every stone, revealing even those things we'd rather not see.

i am reminded that every time i've left the question of Justice - real Justice, not the tin thing we call our legal system - up to the Powers That Be, the results are always so much more spectacularly apt than ever i could have imagined.

after all, somewhere else, another prophet promised: "vengeance shall be Mine, saith the Lord." it often requires a bit of patience to allow the Eternal Scales to right themselves, but in my experience, it's well worth the wait.

5 comments:

MaricrisG said...

Lucky are we when we get that level of Zen! It's a skill that's hard to learn :)

Sylvia said...

Makes me feel sad... Why is the world so full of hypocrisy (I'm talking specially about the Business world, but it's not the only one...)I'm really waiting for that Justice, the Supreme Justice, to come to my life and my family's life too.
Thank you for sharing.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It is worth the wait ... and the wait is often entertaining - like the unfolding a good story. You know what I mean. And then again, sometimes a good story benefits from a little outside influence.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Your former partner has to live with her pitiful self, surely justice will find her and kick her in the backside.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Your former partner has to live with her pitiful self, surely justice will find her and kick her in the backside.