Thursday, July 2, 2009

there, and back again

have i mentioned anywhere in the last few days my brother john's visit? he's here, now, as i type. john's curled up with a book in the guest room, my niece allie is curled up with libby on the couch, and my niece zoe is playing play-doh with Beloved.

as if i haven't driven enough in the last week, i zipped up to sturbridge, massachusetts today to rendezvous with my sister sheila. she dropped off my brother, i picked him up and voila, here we are.

tomorrow, john and zoe and allie and Beloved and i are all driving down to new york. we'll leave john and the girls at their hotel in manhattan, and then Beloved and i are going to see his mother in brooklyn. im not sure how long we'll be there... i know we'll have an early dinner/late lunch at the same italian restaurant we ate at last trip.

hot lobster was one of Beloved's incentives.

the other, which has me positively intrigued, concerns where we'll be staying. Beloved says it's the hotel of my dreams... whatever that means. my sense is that this could be very very good, or very very bad.

7 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Oooh, please keep us posted. Best Wishes on your trip.
I'm off to Oregon this Saturday, going to host a giveaway next week while I'm gone.
Also, I tried to go to the Botanica Shop yesterday in Old Town Newhall near my house, I felt the sudden urge to get you a deck of Tarot, but alas they were Cerrado. (Closed)
Maybe I should ask if you want to be saddled with another deck? I've never bought them before or even gone into this store. Angels at work and play as usual w/MK.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Ohhhhhhh, the suspense!

Kim said...

Enjoy the adventure!

Patrice said...

The hotel of your dreams? I'm picturing that cool all-ice hotel somewhere in... Rekyavik? [sp?]

I think the hotel of my dreams is one of those on-the-water bungalows in Tahiti, only it's free rather than a thousand a night!

Have a wonderful time. Hot lobster... mmmmm.

(My word verification says Beloved should "ingesome")

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Wishing you a wonderful magical weekend!

lynette355 said...

Yippeee! Happy 4th!

Enjoy the fireworks, cookouts and great family times!

Kathy said...

I can't wait to hear of the weekend adventure.