Monday, July 20, 2009

running with the bulls

my son starts a new job today, at his first "wall street" firm. seduced by the passion with which Beloved pursues his avocation, jamie has decided to follow in his stepfather's footsteps. what he lacks in experience, he makes up for in exuberance, charm, intelligence, and a fair measure of my tenacity and ability to persevere.

from the time he could compete, jamie did, throwing himself heart and soul into every race, game, or team with an intensity i seldom see in my daughters. my girls are like me when it comes to winning - is the prize to be won deemed worth the expenditure of the amount of energy necessary to win it - and if the former is deemed less than the latter, you can forget the competition.

but not my son. jamie likes to win, and in the Great Game of wall street, there are definitely winners. there're also plenty of losers, but we won't think about them today. today i'll wish that he's always long when he should be long, and he's always short when he should be short. today my only caution is to remember that bears make money, bulls make money and pigs get slaughtered.

today, i'll wish him goddess-bless, and god-speed. go get 'em, tiger.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

10 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Mazel Tov to Jamie!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yeah Jamie - go get 'em!

April said...

Good luck to Jamie...he's gonna do GREAT!

Amy said...

Good luck to your son...

Debie Napoleon said...

Having just been thrown out of the wall street way of life, I wish him much luck as he navigates the corridors of the corporate world.

Kim said...

Good luck to Jamie on the new job. He has the right attitude. And from what I've seen the right charm. And how cool he's following Beloved and not that other guy....

Bonnie said...

Best wishes to Jamie on this career he chose. I know he will do well.

Carol J. said...

http://getpublishedworkshop.com/

Hi Annie. I think I may have given you the wrong link earlier. This is the one to Mike's workshop. Whew! I thought I lost it!! :-/

lynette355 said...

do i hear the theme song to "chariots of fire"?
keep running with the bulls and watch out for the horns!

Tess said...

I wish him luck!