Saturday, July 11, 2009

full court press

the weather appears to be cautiously cooperating, pond house is looking a bit neater and tidier. my writing room is finished:



the rocking chairs are ready:

they ended up being hot pink, light pink, light purple and dark purple. i love the way they look against the blue paint and blue flagstones on the patio. the pots of lavender, combined with the sweet annie growing wild, make it smell heavenly.

today my plan is to give the kitchen a good going-over, shop and put the finishing touches on my talk tomorrow on how to make your characters plot (so you don't have to.)

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

10 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh ... lovely! And I am sooooo inviting myself over to sit in one of those rockers and take in some pond house verve!

I am Harriet said...

Your house is so cute!!!!

So, the war is still going on...that stinks.

Amy said...

I love the pink chair. I will be by with some tea...

Divaeva said...

looks like a great place to chill out and rock!

Kathy said...

What a bright and peaceful place. It looks very comfortable.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am so enchanted by your slice of paradise, thanks for sharing. I feel right at home with you, of course!

Carol J. said...

That is a gorgeous room, Annie! Elegant, peaceful...and what a view!

Bonnie said...

Save a chair for me. Love them. Everything's looking great.

lynette355 said...

how beautiful

i wanna come rock with you
heck i wanna hang in your writing room

too perfect

Anonymous said...

You know Annie, your beautiful space could go in my first book, the one about the Northeast. Hmmm...I may be slow catching on to stuff, but eventually, it comes to me. Better late than never! Carol