Monday, November 24, 2008

...and what i did with it

i got a lot done. i finished - hooray me!!! - painting the walls in the hallway - so now the only thing left are some minor touchups on the woodwork i can do the weekend after thanksgiving. i can't believe that except for the touchups, and the curtains, the renovations are DONE. complete. finished. it will be so wonderful when i can turn my head and see just the beautiful kitchen without the pile of paint cans in front of it! but considering how awful the place looked just a month ago... i've come a long way :)!

i dusted and vacuumed zone 5 - for those Gentle Readers who are not aware of Flylady's wonderful System i suggest you clink on the link and check her out - her genius for organization coupled with her humor and gentle good will have helped me tremendously manage the chaos-monster who lurks deep within my soul.

i walked, first thirty minutes by myself - and then another bit with the puppies until sam refused to go any further. the skies are cloudy now and it almost looks like snow. i entered my rosemary butter cookie recipe in a contest online run by another Blogger and in case she doesn't choose it... here it is in case any gentle readers are interested. it's not only amazingly easy, it's also flexible - i made a gluten-free (although not egg or dairy free) version for my dear friend laura yesterday that were actually so good Beloved couldn't stop eating them!

granny annie's rosemary butter cookies

1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour (cake flour works best; sift regular flour)
2 Tbs chopped fresh or dried rosemary (lavender flowers also work well)
4 Tbs milk

beat butter and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. gradually add flour and salt, at low speed until blended. stir in rosemary, blend in milk.

Mold dough into log and chill for at least 30 min, or up to 24 hours. when ready to bake, wlice into rounds or roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes.

For a gluten free version, substitute gluten-free flour for the regular flour, and substitute two eggs for the milk. other yummy versions i have tried include substituting brown sugar or regular sugar for the powdered sugar, and flavoring with almonds, cinnamon or ginger, and adding mini dark chocolate chips!

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you so much for the cookie recipe. I love getting things organized and tidied and am in awe of Flylady. You Go Girl!!

lynette355 said...

thank you for following me
i feel so honored

Kim said...

I can't wait to try the cookie recipe (and the pot roast). Both sound so yummy!!

lynette355 said...

Your awesome. Come help me finish my floors. Auuuuuuuuuuurrrggggghhhhhh!
I have fallen (on the job) and can't get up. Flylady is cool. Guess I am still in my depression mood. Will get it done sometime I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your completed renovations. And thanks for a recipe with rosemary. Sounds yummy.

Flylady is wonderful....if only I could make myself take those baby steps everyday. Sigh. I fear I am not a domestic goddess.