Friday, November 21, 2008

dear whoever comes to read this...

one of the blogs i follow - dina's Walking Within the Spiral - posted a real cool link to a really fun blogsite called The Secret Is In the Sauce or SITS for short. the point of today's linking is to share an open letter. (i didn't initially understand that when i first linked, but then sometimes i don't always understand directions the first time - or the fourteenth time - i read them.)

then i read a few of the blogs (and left comments) and realized i was out of step with everyone else (not surprising) and so, after some thought, i decided i'd better write an Open Letter, too.

then it occured to me i wasn't sure who to write it to. other blogs i'd read had addressed everyone from the Army, clothes designers, God, and personal trainers. and then it occured to me to write it to You, you Gentle Readers, who show up on my reader site counter with sometimes unbelievable frequency.

i have no idea who you are - in billings or miami or vienna, london or adelaide or shanghai - but whoever you are, i appreciate your presence, i appreciate your attention, however brief it may be. it's kind of all of you to grant me so much as a nanosecond of your time, and even if you don't leave a comment or in any way identify yourself, i know you're out there.

and it comforts me, touches me, fills me with hope that in this Brave New World of cyber-communications, we may all reach a new and better way to understand each other and ourselves and to more firmly weave the Web that binds us all.

and furthermore, i most sincerely wish that all wars some day end. blessed be.

16 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi.
Here visiting from SITS. Nice letter.

Bar-b said...

Well Howdy Do ;)

SITS girl here....if you don't mind, I'll be taking a look at "your place" ;)

Shala said...

I'm coming to your blog from SITS. What a nice letter to all of your blog readers. Isn't it amazing to see people from all over the world come together in blogging?

Jen Sue Wild said...

fun letter..
stopped by from SITS

Unknown said...

I came from SITS to say hello

Luciana Silva said...

Hi Annie, I'm also visiting from SITS! I also love books and I like when someone give one to me. I hope you receive a good book from your mother! Take care!

Mindy said...

HI!

I took the test at the bottom and I am a Moon also! How exciting this card is... having to do with both Dreams and Nightmares!! Cool =)

Great letter. I am off to find out more about your book. I am furiously participating in NanoWrimo this month (More on my Blog about that) and am trying to finish my FIRST novel... Oooooh it's so exhilarating!!

DiPaola Momma said...

Thanks for stopping by my open letter and giving the boobies some well needed support.. if in spirit only:-)

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh I should have noticed that! My Lucky Number IS 13!! LOL

I just went to Amazon and bought all three of your books... I can't wait to read them!!

The Wife O Riley said...

Visiting from SITS, what a great letter!

MaricrisG said...

Glad you like it at SITS. It sure is a good place to meet new bloggy friends. Come by and say hello sometimes- please to be of acquaintance :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Blessed Be to you too from a fellow intuitive! Thank you for the warm welcome, visiting from SITS.

lynette355 said...

Hello fellow SITS-er. Enjoyed your Dear Letter. I am right there with you on that. I so appreciate those who read my musings too. Isn't it wonderful to feel the support from so many wonderful people.
Come visit me at:
http://theysayimnuts.blogspot.com/2008/11/dear-crazy-friends.html

Shades of Scorpio said...

Always a pleasure Miz Annie - from our shared state of CT.

Unknown said...

thanks for all the comments!!! :)))

The Skinny B said...

I asm just here for my daily read and update. Blessings