Sunday, February 15, 2009

brains and other mysteries

i looked outside the window beside my desk today and saw a patch of green. the snow is looking thin, the red buds on the birch branches look swollen. the war in my head appears over. for now.

i say that cautiously, because the light is very bright, the air is very clear and the winds are starting to stir in the trees. it is perfectly possible that whatever mysterious thread that connects me to the cosmos will tighten and kink and knot once again. at least im familiar with this dark dance. i know my triggers and my remedies.

poor libby doesn't.

like my other daughters, like my grandmother, like my mother, poor libby seems cursed with the headache but she will.

it's funny how Spirit takes care of us. i'm the last person you'd think would know just who to call in such a case. but fortunately, my work as a medium has allowed me to connect with a woman who is a Healer in the truest, most ancient and most sacred sense of the word - a neurologist who threw on her clothes, drove to her office and examined libby on a saturday morning, to make sure she wasn't suffering from anything worse than her first full-blown migraine.

and called this sunday morning to check up on libby. for such miracles, i am forever grateful. and thank you, too, to all of you gentle readers who were so kind to leave me get well wishes. libby and i appreciate all your kind thoughts and healing energy! i have a lot of catching up to do on blogs, so please be patient - i'm reading, even if i'm not commenting!

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! And I hope Libby learns the best way to deal with these. I have a long-time friend in California who is quite disabled by cluster and migraine headaches. It's tough for her.

You know, of course, about classic triggers like red wine, chocolate, and some cheeses?

Crazee Juls said...

glad the migraine eased up... How nice to have someone who will call & check up on you even!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better!! It is such a relief when the daggers are released from your head isn't it? Poor Libby, it is certainly unsettling to have your first migraine. They hurt so much that it does feel that there is something much bigger going on!

Granny Annie said...

I could never suffer migraines. A minor headache that affects me maybe twice a year drives me crazy and I feel for anyone who suffers daily, weekly, hourly migraines. It takes a very strong person to withstand such pain.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending my best for No More Migraines for you and Libby.

Debie Napoleon said...

Glad to read that you and Libby are feeling better. Since I now have the flu going through my house, I am hiding in my office with Lysol and a face mask!

sarah said...

Hi Lovely, sorry to hear about your headaches, hope you and Libby are feeling better.)
Lots of congrats in order- radio show and comment queen and Stacy for winning your basket. I'm very happy for you.)

Divaeva said...

Glad you are feelin'better! <3

Laura Rose said...

So glad you're back to blogging! I happen to know said healer...and she is a beautiful blessing!

DiPaola Momma said...

I'm glad you are feeling better deary.. maybe stop by my blog.. you MIGHT just feel a little better.. there is something there for ya:-)(email me, for some reason I can't email you)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Merry Meet! I found you through Tutu's Bliss and know that it's serendipitous! I actually wrote a short story for my daughter 2 years ago called.."Writers, Words and Witches, Oh my!" NO JOKE!!! A wee bit different, but all the same words! It was a way to share a bit of who I am with her. She is my little witchy in training:)

Enjoy your blog and will be back for more! Count me as a follower!

Hope this finds you feeling better:)

Stacy Uncorked said...

So glad to hear you and Libby are feeling better...what a wonderful, caring neurologist you found! That is so cool! :)

Hoping you both continue to feel better! :)

Kathy said...

I'm glad you are both feeling better. There is nothing worse than having a child who hurts.

I am around, too, still alive. Still eating the angel way, even in the midst of tax season. I think it may be the only thing keeping me sane.