Wednesday, February 18, 2009

that and this

i like days where i feel like i accomplish a lot. the laundry from last week is mostly caught up, the house has had a once-over that it sorely needed from being neglected for nearly two weeks in a row. the writing room feels fresh and clean. i even started a spring-cleaning project in my bathroom.

baby jake napped for almost three hours. laura and i made plans to do a trial run-through of our radio show on friday. i have my package for mamarazzi's favorite things swap all together.

its snowing, the puppies are fed. on a whim, i pick up the tarot cards on my altar - the druid craft deck - that Beloved gave me at christmas. four cards fall - i draw a fifth: the star, the ace of pentacles, the sun, the nine of cups, the six of pentacles.

i feel a deep sense of peace and contentment right here, right now. the great spirit is all around us, to paraphrase another writer* - and all's right the world. namaste.

*god's in his heaven, all's right the world just rankles my little radical-feminist soul too much for me to quote it directly.


may all beings feel such peace, without exception.

9 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Blessings to you as you savor this peace. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I could definitely use some help cleaning up around here. I just can't seem to get motivated.

MaricrisG said...

I feel like I've accomplished a lot today too. Was able to catch up on lots of work. Happy me! Btw, The picture on Decode wednesday was really bizarre. Hey Annie, do you do dream interpretations too? Unfortunately, my lady Feng Shui got so caught up with work I have to push her post for a later date.

lynette355 said...

glad things are going back in sync.
update on TF
court last fri back to temp orders of visitation so it is back and forth with tpo's in place
but the worst is the two yr old twins are now both in the hospital.
infections and all
so light a candle for them
or send them some happy thoughts
at least healings

Shades of Scorpio said...

I hadn't realized the first show hadn't aired yet and went to go listen today! I did hear a funny segment by John DiMartini though, who I like anyway! I will definitely check in - and will try to do so on live time. =) Good luck!!!

Kristina said...

I STILL need to do laundry and have had to for days. I suppose I should get around to that some time soon. Huh?

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Ohhhhhh....would you read my cards? I didn't realize that you did that? Mine are going to be good anyway I already know that much. I feel that my life is so charmed. Hasn't always been but surely is now, you know?
I think that you should change your name to Annie "Amazing" :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

April said...

Sounds like you had a super successful day! Don't they just make you feel great! I'm really in need of one myself!

Laura Rose said...

I keep hearing that, "All is truly well."