Wednesday, February 18, 2009

what-to-do wednesday

last night was a late night for me. the cosi girls book group went later than anticipated, and the hostess served extremely high-test coffee that kept me electrified until nearly midnight. i realized in the middle of the night what she was doing wrong - its one tsp of coffee per cup of water, not one Tbp.

i woke up this morning with my head full of a dream about me and Beloved. we were writing a book together, called the zen of money, or the tao of money, though there was some question as to what the best title should be. it was full of charts and graphs and wavy lines and it all seemed to make a lot of sense.

i wish i could remember what it was.

to answer grace's question, in an ideal world, a writer is paid by the publisher for the privilege of publishing her words. at least, that's the way it's worked so far for me, knock wood, though with the turn of current economic events, i may be publishing my next novel on this blog.

this morning my plan is to clean my writing room in anticipation of my writing day tomorrow. baby jake is coming over around noon time. snow is predicted for tonight, but i feel a burst of spring cleaning coming on.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

16 comments:

Laura Rose said...

May they pay you lots-o-money!!!

April said...

Another cleaning day planned? Come to my house, will you? Hope you and baby Jake have all sorts of fun together today. Sure wish we'd get some of that snow...it's pouring down rain right now.

Granny Annie said...

Oh please pass some of the cleaning burst to me!

Divaeva said...

I could certainly use one of those cleaning bursts as well! or a cleaning person even better... ;)

I am Harriet said...

Hi Annie!!!!!
How's it goin'?

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I need to get on my spring cleaning. Have fun w/baby Jake.

Crazee Juls said...

...spring cleaning is long over due here at my house I think it's overdue from last year.... Hope you have a great day.

Lucia said...

I have that too, where I wish I could remember what I dreamt. Think I'm gonna get a pad and paper next to my bed tonight. I hope it comes to you! And happy spring cleaning!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I hope you are able to publish your next book!! This economy is horrible for so many people.

Kathy said...

I hope you are having a good time with baby Jake. I sense spring, too, although now all I see is cold rain.

Anonymous said...

sigh. you know, i can't start spring cleaning until i start fall cleaning. and i don't wanna.

Mindy said...

I LOVE it when I have such bright and clear dreams. I HATE it when I wake up and can't remember some key part of it =)

Michelle said...

Hi Grannie Annie,
I was just visiting Zen Cupcake and saw your comment about the cupcake Converse sneakers. I found children's sizes at SHOES.COM for significantly cheaper than the Converse website.

The Skinny B said...

me too. This urge to spring clean and renew the house is overwhelming me. I do not know where to start.

lynette355 said...

my start to spring cleaning is to open the doors and let the nice wonderful fresh air in!

Kristina said...

I sure do hope that you get lots of money!! Though I would love having your novel to read here too!