Monday, February 2, 2009

eating the angel way, part seven redux

what else to eat, indeed. once i made the connection from "white" or complete protein foods, and white light, i understood what the Angels meant when answered my question, with "Eat a rainbow every day." in other words, eat at least a portion size of every color food - red, orange, yellow, green and blue/purple.

as i meditated on this guideline, it became clear to me that what the Angels meant was that each food, according to its color, can be related to the specific color and energy of an individual chakra. we don't eat simply to nourish our physical bodies. eating is meant to nourish our entire Self - not just our physical bodies. the food we ingest is intended to nourish us completely in every aspect of our selves - physically, spiritually, emotionally and intellectually.

the different colors of food are specific for energizing, balancing and healing their corresponding chakra-color. each color food interacts with all the physical aspects of the body which are associated with specific chakras. "eating a rainbow" every day means that on a regular, daily basis, every chakra and, therefore all corresponding tissues, are cleansed, balanced, energized and nourished.*

eat a rainbow every day and have white food at every meal are the first two guidelines i received from the Angels in response to my questions. i sat with these guidelines a long time before i tried them. im stubborn and dense, too, much of the time. the Angels didn't even ask me to make a complete switch. They waited until They had answered as many of my questions as They felt i needed, and then They began to make gentle suggestions that i try Their Way, just two days in a row. two days out of seven, They pleaded. just two days out of seven. consecutive days. why? i asked. so you'll be able to feel how good you feel after two days, They said. and some day you will find yourself deciding to eat this way deliberately, because it makes you feel so good. We know you'll like it. couldn't you please just try?

begged by angels to do something good for myself.... yes, im stubborn and dense. it took longer for Them to convince me to share the guidelines with others. it wasn't until the information started showing up in readings i was doing for people that i realized They were serious. right now, i'm working with a research assistant on the book. if any gentle readers would like more information, or would be interested in trying the guidelines for say, a three consecutive weeks, i am actively seeking people to give me quotes for my book. i have some already - the more the merrier. please email for the full skinny - pun intended.**

*areas of concern for an individual may potentially be identified by paying attention to what colors you prefer and what colors you ignore. for example, i find that i crave orange foods when im writing intensely... butternut or acorn squash, ruby red grapefruit, carrots and oranges, cinnamon and ginger and nutmeg, most specifically. orange is the color of the generative second chakra, the one that governs sex and fertility and creativity. writing a novel feels like birthing a baby in many aspects to me, and so i realized that on some level, something in me recognizes that the energy in orange foods are particularly needed right now. of course orange foods contain many other things that nourish aspects of our physical bodies, too - like vitamin c - and it's cold season right now in the great north woods. im sure my immune system is liking the heavy dose of orange, too.

** the angel way of eating is NOT a diet. it is possible to fit any kind of healthy diet regimen into them however, so vegans, vegetarians or followers of any holistically sound diet should find this in accordance with their requirements.

14 comments:

Kim said...

I've found I really have to think about yellow and blue foods. It is becoming easier. Green foods abound in my life. Hmmm! Heart chakra energy.

lynette355 said...

sounds good
but i guess that a bag of skittles is not the rainbow your talking about

this is a healthy way of eating but there are still so many of us who can barely afford food. and sad to say cheap food is not healthy. we do all we can to get discounts on meats, fruits and veggies. it seems that starches are always in abundance.

Patti Gibbons said...

wow..this gives me a lot to pay attention to and think about. Most of the day in school I grab what I can, not always the healthiest. And, after the weekend, there is NOTHING in my fridge, save some green. Oh and quinoa (sp?) Have to go back later and recode my blog and put your button in. I totally messed up my blog when trying to give it a new look and lost my blog list etc. Sheesh! Glad to see you are back!
patti o

hydran was my word...hydra for water...something important that we easily forget about drinking!

Bonnie said...

My eating is not healthy at all and I think that may be why I was sent to your blog. You are a big inspiration for me in that I want to try something new and healthy for myself and my hubby. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I've been going through an eat green phase; green apples, green peppers, greens, kiwi etc. What's the definition of green foods, besides salad?

Unknown said...

haha - lynette re the skittles. and your point is well taken that you made on another post - eating healthy is expensive. however, frozen and canned veggies and fruits count too - no, they're not as high a vibration as fresh stuff, but a lot of fresh stuff has icky vibrations around it too.. courtesy of the way our farm laborers are treated. the underlying message of the guidelines is that the Angels love us and wish us to treat ourselves in a loving fashion. so you do the best you can given your circumstances and let's all hope better days (as i think the boss said) are coming soon :).

Unknown said...

kim, i am not surprised green foods abound in your world... you are brimming with heart chakra energy!!!

Unknown said...

allison - green foods are the default category in the sense that they include everything that grows. the Mother feeds us from Her heart... the bounty of the green world around us suggests that love really is what makes the world go round...

Kathy said...

I think that it is interesting that so many people seem to have "trouble" with blue/purple food.
On my way to work, I bought lunch at the grocery store, thinking of you. I grabbed a can of mixed veggies (store brand, low salt) & some beets. I also have white food.
I am torn now between saying, "ACK! TAX SEASON! I don't have time for this!" and knowing that if I don't take care of myself Tax Season will be unbearable. In times of stress we don't want to eat well, but it's when we need to most.
(I think dark chocolate is a purple food.) I need to learn more about chakra stuff, too.
Thanks again...

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

This is such an interesting concept. I'm going to be "copying" all the steps to read as one complete group.

Somehow I think it will "stick" better (at least for me) as one cohesive / flowing read.

Thanks for this thread

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

Ok I just finally clicked on your link and went to your site with Rose (The Purple Rose) and read your bio.

DUH you are writing a book on Eating the Angel Way ... sometimes I am so blonde!!

I will still piece together the posts here - but I WANT to know when the book is done - cause I am quite sure, from what I've read so far, I want a copy!

Mindy said...

Yes, Annie, put me on your book list as well! I really am interested in what you have written so far, although I do not eat any meat, I find the idea of all the rainbow colors very interesting and hopefully, simplifying!

I am always looking for ways to simplify =)

I have a ton of green food in my fridge right now and if chocolate is in fact in the purple group, then I have been having a HUGE craving for THAT!

Since I just went through a major body cleanse, I am very interested in making sure that I don't put those toxins back in my body. Believe me the cleanse was so painful that I am not interested in doing that again any time soon!

Thanks for all your sharing! I've really enjoyed the reading =)

Unknown said...

kathy and mindy - i wouldn't call chocolate a purple food but it is definitely a green food and high quality, high vibrational chocolate is among the food of the gods, i think. the Angels do encourage us to satisfy our sweet tooths and other cravings - we are not put here to deny ourselves pleasure. on the other hand, we're not put here to overindulge and abuse, either (so yes, lynette, skittles once in a while are okay too). the Angels encourage every one to follow the guidelines no more than 6 days out of 7 - every one needs to indulge in something "forbidden" once in a while, to feel totally free to eat whatever you please. of course other health or dietary restrictions may apply to you, but for most reasonably healthy people, one day of indulgence is not enough to unbalance an otherwise healthy regimen.

Kristina said...

I am loving learning about this. I have always been fascinated by spiritual and physical aspects of living, like chakras, but I just don't usually get it. I can't wait to learn more about what foods connect with which chakras and what each chakra means. thanks!