Monday, February 23, 2009

a burst of inspiration

a fellow blogger posted today about her ginormous to-do list she is slowly working her way through. since i have my own ginormous to-do list that i would like to accomplish this spring, her persistence and tenacity inspired me to take stock of my own day... and to remember that slow and steady wins this particular kind of race:

so this is what i did today...

- 5 loads of laundry
- food shopped
- scrubbed appliances, wiped down cabinets, walls, counters, and shelves, microwave, cleaned out fridge, vacuumed and wiped up floor in kitchen and eating area (zone 2)
- tidied zones 1,3,4 & 5
- baked cookies
- scraped half the paint off the bathroom tiles
- cared for baby jake, sam and buddy
- made beef tenderloin, watercress salad, fingerling potatoes, rolls and grilled spinach for dinner, fed six (including 2 guests, 1 not expected)

and last but far from least...
- astounded rose (see comment #12 on follower update post - im still roflmao)

9 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

... I'm *still* stunned ...

lisa24n7 said...

Is that all you did today?! Come on now, get the lead out! rofl...Just kidding. Kudos for more energy than I had all day!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry.

-Wenda

Judy Vars said...

geez when you put it that way you got so much done today. What about Eating the Angel Way?

Kim said...

It must of been a cleaning kind of day. I also made a beef stew and added swiss chard at the end. I too was in a greens kind of mood.

April said...

You have got to be kidding!!! You must be worn down to the bone after all that! Get some much-needed rest today!

Amy said...

That is a great list to follow up. Way to go.
I just did a ton of laundry yesterday. I wanted to say Thanks for stopping by my page. I also wanted to say Thank you for becoming a follower. I love seeing that picture of the dog. It makes me smile every time I see it. Have a great day. You should relax today.

lynette355 said...

work work work
wow your doing great
and blogging too

Patti Gibbons said...

I could NEVER do that much in a day. I am just such a poor housekeeper. Perhaps if I did not have to work full time plus be addicted to my art work I might do better, but somehow I doubt it. If you have any energy left, you can head to Kingston, lol. xp
ps the word was bedifty. now that is an interesting word!