Monday, June 15, 2009

in the interests of full disclosure

some of my Gentle Readers and followers of this blog may have noticed that all references to my former associate, Laura Rose of The Purple Rose have been removed.

i have done this because Laura Rose and i are no longer associates in any way, shape or form.

much as it has pained me, much as i have resisted seeing what's been in front of me all along, in the last few weeks, it's become manifestly clear that laura's valuation of what i brought to our association, and mine - spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and monetarily - were two very different things.

consider, if you will, as a very small and telling example of what went wrong between us, the fact i DID have changes to make on my blog, and she doesn't.

however, you know there's something wrong in a spiritually-based business when one person tells the other that "real" partners bring things like "money or property" - and forgets that there're other things - like intellectual property or creativity or insight - that even the most bottom-line-driven businesses recognize as having value.

so why am i discussing this here, in this most public of forums? shouldn't i keep my mouth shut, smile bravely, pretend that "we're just taking a little break right now?"

well, yes and no.

for one thing, we're not just taking a little break right now, and for another, i don't feel much like smiling.

8 comments:

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

Annie, I'm so sorry that you both have had a "falling out" but I do understand what you are doing and to be honest why. I would have done the same thing (not that you really needed to know that or need anyone "permission"). What I'm offering is my understanding and a shoulder to vent on if you need.

Hugs hon.

lynette355 said...

I am very sorry that you have had a parting of ways. Simply because it makes it hard as you go through the changes. I am glad your standing up for yourself and beliefs.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Oh, Annie, I am so sorry. I did not notice the change, I am so focused on what you write, that I tend to edit out the peripheral stuff. Good for you for taking a stand at being valued and appreciated as well you should.

Kim said...

Oh, Annie I'm so sorry. Big hugs and lots of love coming your way.

Crazee Juls said...

(((Big hugs))) to you. Sorry, I don't know what else to say.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I notice that the days have ... compressed. :)

(((((hugs)))))

Love ya!

Kathy said...

I'm sorry. I've been where you are and it is very hard.

The Skinny B said...

Holy Crap! I have not been reading the blogs lately. So sorry you guys had a falling out. I thought you were a great team. Must be hard for you both. Love to you.