Saturday, June 20, 2009

stuff i did today (and others)

i finally got my bedroom cleaned up to the point i can show you what i've been up to:

i call the picture above the bed "fairies dancing on the lawn at midnight." Beloved painted it and calls it something else, but i like my title better. the corner cabinet i found at the used furniture store. it fit perfectly into that corner, based on a wing and a guesstimate. i painted the picture beside the window...it's one of my Archetype paintings... the Hermit.



i'm proud to say everything in the room has been refurbished, refinished, recycled or repurposed. the chair, for example, was my desk chair originally. i painted it and recovered it with fabric from a pillow sham that happened to be a size i couldn't use!
Beloved did the painting - its me, or at least me the way i used to be and wish to be remembered ;).


the king-size quilt is one of my major scores - i got this one at tjmaxx for $67.95.. discounted from something ridiculous - over $400, i believe! i cleaned it a few years ago and put it away in the attic... getting it out again was like experiencing the thrill of the sale all over again!

10 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Beautiful, I love that you repurposed things and get stuff on sale. Thanks for posting.

Amy said...

Your room looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

looks great, annie! i love the paintings.

Patti Gibbons said...

I love your bedroom. Mine is too messy for my likes. A small room with too much in it.

lynette355 said...

how eretheal!
ok i can't spell

Allison said...

Lovely! Great paint job.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh Annie - it's just lovely! And I can relate to that quilt-thrill feeling. :) Enjoy!

Bonnie said...

What a nice cozy room. I just love it.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Ohhh! Annie! Your room is BEAUTIFUL!! You've inspired me...I haven't done anything to our bedroom since we moved in - it still has the blue paint on the walls from the teen that had that room from the previous owners...we've lived here 6 years... :)

Judy Vars said...

oooooo so cozy and quaint.