Saturday, June 20, 2009

tagged!... or, what's good to do on a rainy evening...

...by dina of Walking Within the Spiral. talking to her is even more fun than reading her blog!

so here's the deal....

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.


What is your current obsession?
hm... currently...home decorating projects. i always seem to be in the process of planning, shopping, executing or cleaning up something that involves paint and large swaths of fabrics...
What is your weirdest obsession?
that's more like it...irish music, maybe? st patrick's day is the only time of year i know all the words to all the songs... and i do mean ALL the words...

What are you wearing today?
clothes, of course. fig leaves stopped being big enough a few years ago.

What’s for dinner?
tossed salad with white-zinfandel vineagarette dressing, apple-stuffed porkchops, french fries, baklava, coffee and one vodka-cranberry-lime cocktail


What would you eat for your last meal?
i find this one a tad disturbing. i don't want to know my last meal is my last meal...im going to have to replace this one...with:
Long (as in 100+) miserable life, or short (as in < 25), happy one?



What’s the last thing you bought?
green silk ribbon to go around my straw hat.


What are you listening to right now?
the yankee/marlins game, Beloved snoring and the rain falling

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
rose's.... she's having a solstice party

Which language do you want to learn?
gaelic
What do you love most about where you currently live?
the loveliness of it all.
What style is your current home decorated in?
hmmm... take your pick... early-attic, shabby-chic, viable-vintage

If you were a time traveler what era would you live in?
Well, i'd live in whatever era it was that allowed me to time travel, of course, and VISIT as many as i could survive.

What is your favorite colour?
all of them.
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
i have two shirts, one from j crew, one from abercrombie i bought before abercrombie was abercrombie. both are the kind of 100% cotton that just get softer and softer the more you wash and wear it. one's a blue and black plaid, and one's a soft blue, almost white now. i alternate between one or the other lately every few days.

What were you doing ten years ago?
i was miserably employed as a marketing communications wage-slave.

Describe your personal style?
bohemian preppy
If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
books and my kids...and my home decorating projects, of course!

What are you going to do after this?
find the book im currently reading (never surrender by michael dobbs) and go to bed.

What are your favourite films?
vera drake, my cousin vinny, beetlejuice, last of the mohicans, chocolat, almost anything with johnny depp
What inspires you?
what doesn't?

Your favourite books?
wuthering heights, emma, a prayer for owen meany, the double bind, churchill's hour, those who save us, to name a few...

Do you collect anything?
books, babies, bolts of fabric, projects in various stages of completion

What makes you follow a blog?
intelligence, honesty and wit. the more self-revelatory the writer, the more i am entranced.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Beloved rubbing my feet, cleaning the house with all my girls....even katie - she was mad at her hubby so she brought baby jake over and when she saw how much i had to do, she pitched in, and in true Big-Sister form, she motivated her younger sisters to help, too. no wonder i call her kate the great ;)!

ACK... i nearly forgot.. add one more question of my own:
What makes you comment on a blog?


in accordance with Rule #2, i tag:

Lynette

Patti

Bethany

Martha

Kathy

Patrice

Amy

Harriet

7 comments:

Patti Gibbons said...

ok that will be my blog for tomorrow!!!! I am a sucker for such surveys......can't help it. I don't mind the rain. It keeps me inside, quiet; I do things like cook, maybe clean, read books and blogs, and this afternoon I watched Rudolph with Alanna, even though it isn't Xmas.
I sang the songs to her, lol.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks, this does look like fun. I especially appreciate the revelatory entrancement of real bloggers. Thanks for the tag, I've got to give this some thought. "viable vintage" tee hee

lynette355 said...

cool i loved learning more about you
thanks for the tag
i am putting my response up tomorrow

Amy said...

Hello Annie I will get this up for sure sometime this up coming week. When I do I will let you know. I love these things. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

(missed you!)

I am Harriet said...

Thanks Annie! Too fun!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awesome answers, Annie! This one had me almost choking on my coffee with laughter:

What are you wearing today?
clothes, of course. fig leaves stopped being big enough a few years ago.

Love it! :)