Tuesday, June 23, 2009

we survive

meg and i survived her surgery yesterday, and libby, as of 9:45 this morning, will have survived her first half of high school.

i hope we all survive my mother's visit. in the first twenty minutes of her visit, she had me throw away at least three things that have been languishing in that limbo reserved for objects bordering the edge of their official usefulness, but not quite past the point of no return.

she promises to tackle my writing room today - the room that absorbed the stuff from my bedroom and now still holds the overflow. because im resisting the temptation to put it all back, the stuff remains piled up and quite frankly im at a loss as to what to do with it. i have no doubt that my mother will know what to do with it.

she noticed the bunch of overripe bananas, and suggested that tomorrow "we" could make banana bread. or, she suggested brightly, how about banana cream pie?

when i reminded her neither her nor i have ever made such, she just laughed.

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm....sounds like it will be an interesting few days...(she's not going to be there more than a few days, is she?)

April said...

I'm happy to hear that Meg's surgery went well and is behind her. Good luck with your mom...my mother-in-law is much the same.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am glad Meg is done w/her surgery. Best Wishes for an enjoyable visit w/your Mom, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Amy said...

Glad all went well with the surgery. Oh when Mom's come to visit. Your life can go through changes.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm so happy to hear that you and Meg survived her surgery yesterday! :)

I hope you survive your mother's visit too - if you get tired of her organizing your stuff, you could always send her to my house, I could keep her busy for at least a week organizing my mess(es)... ;)

Unknown said...

I too am glad she is done with it. Mom-in-laws oh my!!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad Meg's surgery went well. Hopefully Mom won't disrupt much of your life while she's there. She means well. I wish I still had my mom to disrupt mine.

Debie Napoleon said...

I'm happy for the successful surgery and hope the home "surgery" goes just as easy!

Granny Annie said...

Find the yellow cake mix banana bread recipe through google and you can't miss. It's very easy and delicious. I have no idea about a banana pie. So happy for the good reports and I have no doubt your mom will know what to do with any clutter. My mom always did and was the only person who could get me to throw anything away.

Allison said...

Glad to hear that Meg's surgery went well. Have fun with mom. Keep breathing.

Patti Gibbons said...

send her over to me. :)