Saturday, June 6, 2009

off to see the wizard

well, not exactly. Beloved and i are going to new york city to see a show and spend the night. my sister gave me the tickets for my 50th birthday, goddess bless her her generous heart, but the more i think about it, the more i realize that the whiney falsettos of the four seasons strike me as melodious as steel scraped across concrete.

on the other hand, a trip to manhattan is always fun with Beloved. born and raised in brooklyn, Beloved spent grad school driving a cab back and forth across the city and its environs. consequently, not only is he willing to drive in the city, he drives fearlessly, navigating the abrupt shoals and eddies of traffic with ease.

on sunday, im reading cards for some benefit of my mother's ... her dragon boat team is involved. im going to try to remember to bring my camera... the sight of me and my mother paddling a dragon boat should be one for the ages. my mother is part of a team of breast cancer survivors, who participate in dragon boat competitions up and down the east coast. they've gone as far as australia and my intrepid mother went with them.

Beloved is bringing me to my mother's house on sunday morning, and then returning home... i'll be staying overnight. meg's bringing baby jake to pick me up. i'll be back late monday afternoon, but until then i won't have internet access. i hope all my gentle readers have a happy, healthy and abundant weekend filled with sunshine and kind people!

and furthermore, the war will end. blessed be.

7 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Say hello to Dorothy and her little dog, Toto too!
Totally JEALOUS, but also very happy for you.

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Happy Birthday Annie!!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

May your travels be fun, loving and safe!

Unknown said...

i hope you had a good time in nyc!

Crazee Juls said...

I have always wanted to see a real "show"...lucky you. Enjoy!!

Grace said...

Enjoy your trip and be safe, Annie. May you and your beloved have a good time. :)

Aunt Julie said...

Just LOVE the city! Hope you had oodles of fun. Please give us a thorough report when you return, OK?