Friday, June 26, 2009

time for me

i took a little time for myself today... first, this morning, a visit with my friend rose, who gifted me with the most adorable little pocket goddess:



to give you some idea of how tiny she really is, here's a picture of her with my writing genie:



if you visit her blog, What Rose Made Today, you will find your way to get one of your very own! rose fed me homemade biscuits and some of the strawberries you can see on her blog - it was a most soul-satisfying lunch.

this afternoon, an astrology reading from vicki noble, the co-creator of the motherpeace tarot deck. the motherpeace deck was the first deck i was able to simply understand without benefit of reading the manual that came with the deck.

i dropped meg and libby off at the movies and treated myself to some time with Beloved. i've got sloppy joes simmering on the stove, and a burger grilling for meg. the rain continues to fall and buddy trembles at every rumble of thunder. i hear the jeopardy theme playing on tv.

all in all.. .it's been a very nice day.

and furthermore, the war will end... blessed be.

10 comments:

lynette355 said...

great to hear you are relaxed

Crazee Juls said...

sounds divine. I think time for "me" is in order soon too. But when? is the question

highlandwriter said...

Lovely that you took time out for you...

:-)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Love your pocket goddess. Sounds like a lovely day.

Debie Napoleon said...

So nice you had a great and special day for you!

Kathy said...

It sounds like a nice day. I went shopping (Walmart & Lowe's) with my daughter-in-love and that was very cool, especially since I usually hate shopping with other people.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Sounds like a great time! I just love Rose's blog, and I'm a big fan of anything she makes!

April said...

Cheers to having such a great day...hope your weekend's just as wonderful!

Amy said...

It is so nice to spend time by yourself and your beloved. I did my tag today. :) Thanks.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It was a nice morning, wasn't it? :)