Saturday, June 27, 2009

mulling it over

i had another relatively easy day today. my friend allison and i had lunch together at passiflora after the writers' circle, which is coming together quite nicely. new members have joined, others have reconnected. we're still forming, but the dough is coming together.

i puttered around the house a bit, shuddered in the direction of the gardens and took a nap. i should've known the Universe had Something in mind.

"will you come with me to Brooklyn," asked Beloved when he came home this afternoon. "please?"

Beloved is going to Brooklyn because his mother has reached the place my grandmother reached a few years ago - incapable of living on her own in the place she wants to live. it's a very hard place to be, and it's a very hard place for the people around you. i had my mother to support and guide me. Beloved has no one but me. Beloved doesn't ask for very much in terms of interaction with his mother - he knows she's difficult, and he doesn't impose on me. the fact he would want me to come along at all is significant.

and so, tomorrow morning, very early, i expect we'll go down to brooklyn, Beloved and i and not so much attempt to reason with his mother, as to document her dissolution.

and furthermore, the war WILL end. blessed be.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Good luck tomorrow.

April said...

I'll say a prayer for you and your Beloved as you make the trek to see his mom. I know visits like that are never easy, but positive and encouraging thoughts will be with you.

lynette355 said...

my prayers and support go with you
i know that is a hard decision and harder still to do
go gently to give her the care she needs even when she can not see it

Kathy said...

Bless you all. Patience, love, and sunshine.

Amy said...

That is very kind of you. I hope all goes well.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

He is very lucky to have you as that support (and then some), and I'm sure he knows that. Blessings.