Saturday, May 17, 2008

in the afterglow of forest folk

i roped meg into coming along with me to the second day of forest folk. laura and i had considered setting up a table, for which we needed accoutrements, like chairs and a table cloth. but once we arrived, laura suggested we make do with a blanket - it was much sunnier and drier today. so we did. laura read a few cards, meg read a book, i mostly talked.

i think my workshop was well-received - its one of my favorites, any way - and i heard a lot of people say they were going to laura's. i reconnected with an old friend who'd disappeared off my radar screen, my dear friend rose gifted me with a beautiful purple handmade spirit cord with a pentacle attached. i met a lovely couple from vermont, whose handmade rope sandals looked very comfy and definitely bear a second look, given the tattered state of my birkenstocks. it wasn't a long visit, but it felt very far away.

i came home to a clean house. meg and libby are off to a prime rib dinner - their reward - and i'm waiting for word of Beloved, who went off to learn to how to fend off attacks from those wielding sticks, knives and guns. a turkey breast is roasting in the oven, i have sweet potatoes and purple onions and fresh broccoli to go along with it.

as we were leaving the festival today, i asked meg what she thought of it. she paused, gave me a long look and said... well, mom, im glad you have people.

here's to my peeps. long may you frolic.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

i'm too full of questions and comments to be a peep! '-)

so your friends are a bit too eccentric for meg...? what a great line. i'd have laughed out loud.