Wednesday, May 28, 2008

nod to my knees

yesterday afternoon, while attempting to steam clean the carpet where buddy vomited last week, i felt something funny in my knee. not a good funny, but not a horrible funny either. just a twinge that made me think... oh, that's not good.

it was sore, but not so sore i didn't go to class.

alas.

my poor left knee is done in.

i've iced it twice this morning, and had a hot salt bath. while sitting in the tub, i made sure i thanked both my knees, as well as my feet, my ankles and my lower legs, for the amazing job they so effortlessly do, holding up the rest of me, while bending and flexing at will. i don't spend a lot of time thinking about my lower extremities, unless some part complains. and then, i realized, its the quickest fix possible, and on to the next adventure. but really, is that how *I* like to be treated, when i feel sick?

a big piece of the angel's way of eating messages have to do with self-love and self-acceptance, which includes accepting our own limits. and limits aren't something i accept easily - in anyone, or in any situation.

so today im taking care of my knees. i have another ice bag chilling, i have plenty of epsom salts. im putting it up, im resting it, im giving it lots of reiki. today, rather than the other way round, i am bending to the will of my knees.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

i need to give my knees some appreciation as well...

limits frustrate me beyond words, but i've been learning to accept them a bit for the last two weeks, since i hurt my knee.